This question allows you to demonstrate that you understand the principles of subnetting and variable length subnet masking (VLSM) and can explain the method used. Use subnet 0 in all answers.
- a.Given the network 172.16.0.0/16
- i.Create a subnet mask for at least 100 subnets with the maximum possible number of hosts in each subnet.
- ii.What is the address of the 30th subnet?
- iii.VLSM the network address found in part (ii) for as many subnetworks as possible with at least 50 useable hosts in each subnetwork. Show the subnet mask used.
Show and explain all your working along with your answers.
- b.Create a suitable route summarised (aggregated) address and subnet mask for the following networks:
Show and explain all your working along with your answer.
- c.Redundancy within a switched network is essential if a reliable service is to be maintained. Give a brief overview of the following:
- i.What do you understand by the term redundancy in this context?
- ii.Describe any problems that are introduced by the inclusion of redundancy on a switched network.
- iii.How is redundancy managed on a switched network to ensure no problems are introduced onto the network?
Use your own words and include a diagram showing a switched network topology that is using redundancy. There is no need to go into detail of how redundancy is implemented on the devices themselves.
You should aim to write no more than 200 words.
Download immediately available after purchase